Preventing tooth decay is one of the main reasons people come to us, at The Fort Union Dentist in Midvale.
In this blog post, we’ll describe five things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings appear. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to cavities are:
- Frequent eating
- Consuming sugary beverages
- Oral bacteria
- Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you observe any of these symptoms, you should call us to schedule an appointment.
4. Cavities are most common among children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, abstain from frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
At The Fort Union Dentist in Midvale we want all our patients to enjoy the best possible dental health. People from Salt Lake City, Cottonwood Heights, Murray, and Sugar House come to us for complete general and cosmetic dentistry, and much more. Call for an appointment today!
Contact The Fort Union Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
1275 E. Fort Union Blvd Ste 200