Your teeth can last a lifetime. With a few daily precautions and regular checkups at The Fort Union Dentist in Midvale, you’ll go a long way toward making sure they do.
If you do any of the following, we recommend that you stop:
- Chewing sugared gum all day. Cavities, a sore jaw, or compromised bridgework may result. If you must chew, select gum with Xylitol.
- Drinking soda and energy drinks. These sugary, acidic beverages are immensely efficient at eroding enamel.
- Chewing ice or hard candy. Your enamel is quite hard. But so are ice and hard candy, and head-to-head, occasionally they win, resulting in a cracked tooth.
- Skipping flossing. Maybe you think brushing is enough. Following brushing with a careful flossing job cleans away fragments of food and plaque between teeth.
- Using a firm bristled toothbrush. A soft bristled brush is the best tool for the job. Save your firm brush for cleaning the grout around your bathtub.
At The Fort Union Dentist in Midvale our general dentistry will help keep your teeth and gums in excellent condition. People from Salt Lake City, Cottonwood Heights, Murray, and Sugar House come to us for regular checkups and for cosmetic dentistry. Call to schedule an appointment today!
Contact The Fort Union Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
1275 E. Fort Union Blvd Ste 200